Progress?

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM
I have been watching this project for some time now hoping for a follow up release. A vistadb driver would be perfect for automated unit testing, any further dev planned?
What kind of effort do you think is required to get this project moving and can I help?
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:09 AM
I'm not the coordinator for this project, but ...

Based on the unit tests passed, its pretty close to a feature-complete (if not tuned & optimized) release.

Based on a quick look, this would be usable in many projects now, in a typical hibernate usage ... but this is just based on a quick look.

I cant speak for the coordinator of this project, but I'm planning on using this later in the year for one of our projects, and intend to at least try to polish off the rest of the unit test coverage. If VistaDB works out well for us, then we'll be involved for quite a while, and will almost certainly be involved.

This will also need continued updating to port the code to newer versions of NHibernate as they are released.

I wouldnt give up on this project yet ... I think we're just starting to see a real surge in the use of things like Spring.NET and NHibernate in new .net projects. And VistaDB occupies a fairly unique and compelling position between Jet/SQLite/etc and SQLServer2005/MySQL/Oracle/etc. That'll make projects like this quite interesting.
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2009 at 3:08 AM

I'm just about to start work updating this for the latest NHibernate 2.1 and the new VistaDB 4.0

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Has there been any new developments with this project? I am very intersted in taking advantage of some of the features of VistaDb but need a complete nHibernate driver and dialect.  Any insights would be much appreciated. 

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Hello there,
I would be intereested in update this sources to vistadb5. Do you have any documentation or help?